Reveal Turkey contributes to local language education by making its content available in both English and Turkish, and providing specially written learning resources that can be used by teachers and students alike. These include comprehension exercises, discussion points, and crossword puzzles based on grammar and vocabulary featured in our videos.
These are all written and prepared by current or former English teachers from private or public language institutions across Istanbul, and our articles are written and translated by professionals to make sure that our content is as good as it can be and that our exercises offer language learners resources that are easy, fun, relatable, and effective. Our videos can be used a variety of ways and give a foreign perspective on themes that Turks already understand, as well as providing an insight into how tourists experience their country.
Check out our achieve of resources and their related videos. Contact us for advice on how best to use our resources in a classroom setting, or with any of your own requests or recommendations on how to make them better.
GOLYAZI ENGLISH QUIZ
- Thinking about the map shown on screen, what is a ‘penuinsula’?
- What might ‘off-the-beaten-path’ mean?
- The video says that Miletus was ‘wiped off the map’ by Xerxes. What does this mean?
- What does it mean to describe a place as ‘within striking distance’ of somewhere?
- What does ‘old-world charm’ mean?
- What are the 3 animal/plant types mentioned in the section on Lake Ulubat?
- What is the old name of Gölyazı?
- Who is the most famous person to stay in the town? Why did he stay there, and what does ‘sheltered’ mean in this context?
- What is strange about the Japan Association of Travel Agent’s list that includes Gülyazı?
- What is the recommended way to see the area?
- What is most significant site in the town? What was it and what is it now?
- How is the tree described? The video says it is L______ stories and local L_________
- What can you do in Tirilye (2 answers)
- Why is so little known about the ruined Greek buildings in Golyazi?
- Have you taken a boat tour? Have you been to a tourist site? If so, how did you travel around? Were there any problems?